6 Deeter/Miller House

After Eber Barrows sold the Northern Exchange, he built across the street, where in 1868, he housed the county poor for a time. Mr. Deeter and Mr. Miller took over and ran the business for some years. In 1911, Daniel Barber bought the business and used it as a two family residence. The front porch and north wing were removed. The barn and livery stable were located just south of the residence and had room for ten horses. These horses were rented out to the salesman coming in on the train. Hose and buggies were also rented out to the young folk to attend dances in Hadley and Dryden.

Related Articles


Henderson Store

8 Henderson StoreNot much is known about this building. Built around 1890, the Henderson Store demonstrates the Queen Anne architectural influence in the small-planed glass windows and decorative brickwork. Recently remodeled, it retains much of its historic...

read more