10 Pilgrim Congregational Church
The first meeting of the Pilgrim Congregational Church was held on March 13, 1878. Two days later, 21 men and women joined the church as charter members. Membership grew rapidly and in April 1878, Joseph Darwood of Dryden was contracted to build the church for $3,200.00. Several local farmers donated wood to help build the church. The building was completed in December of that year. Rev M.A. Bullock was the first pastor and his name is case on the bell together with the text of Psalm 89:15. The church changed to Presbyterian in 1984 and united with the Orthodox Presbyterian in 1985.
Wilder Bros. Store (Townsend Store)
9 Wilder Bros. Store (Townsend Store) Walter Wilder came to Michigan in 1878 from Wellington, Ontario and for a short time engaged in carriage manufacturing in Detroit. He moved to Metamora and worked in the same business until 1880 when he decided to go into farming....
8 Henderson StoreNot much is known about this building. Built around 1890, the Henderson Store demonstrates the Queen Anne architectural influence in the small-planed glass windows and decorative brickwork. Recently remodeled, it retains much of its historic...
Stone’s Brick Block
7 Stone's Brick BlockThe first blacksmith shop in the villages was constructed on this site in the early 1850's. It was replaced by a stone structure that was removed in 1879 to make way for the first brick building in Metamora. It was constructed in 1879 for Dr....